Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh, my!

I picked up this fare in Dallas in November 2004. He is still riding in my cab. Hopefully he will bring macaroni salad to the party some day.

My friend David has advised us that he is not immortal. Some sort of serious ticker problem has come up it seems.

He is such a wonderful man, friend, husband, father, employee, farmer, beer consultant, visitor, co KISS (M3E) LP147 band member, vegan, American, presence in my life that I will be saddened if he has to begin to struggle with his health at his young age.

If I had to tell you about important people in this life, I would first think of David. You see, I was able to create David for myself as I want him to be. I was able to accept him as he presented himself.

He taught me that when people are who they want to be, they are just so incredibly wonderful. I watched the butterfly in him appear. I was there! I watched his experience of real self acceptance occur and was able to trust that if it worked for him, it could work for me. I transferred from the place I imagined others wanted me to be, to the place where I wanted to be as I was seeing it happen for him. I leaned on him, hard. Thanks in large part to David, I am having the life I want for me.

(Picture two old guys having an epiphany.) It must be something to watch! It is wonderful to experience. David and I can even prove flying is possible without an airplane. Ha ha. I am really laughing here, David.

I was able to spend time involved in numerous events with him in person. The learning from him at those shared events has been having such a long term effect on the experience I am having on the top side of the earth, that it seems unreal to consider seriously that he is not immortal. That is not to say that I worship him as though he has everlasting life, it is just that he is such a bright light in me that I have been ‘brought up short’ to consider him and failing health in the same thought.

How do you know you have made a mistake?
Just think of someone who was alive, that you didn’t fully express your appreciation for - then, they died before you could. (I have reworked that sentence repeatedly, and have just settled for what is written now).

So, my appreciation for David has been made clear, if inadequate, here.

A giant has a threat to his health. In a goofy way this altered my experience of richness of life. Is this some sort of ironic ‘pay it forward’?

I have worked hard at paying forward ‘good’ things in life. David lives ‘paying it forward’ as a daily part of his life. He just does it, know what I mean?

So, here is the deal: Life is full of unexpected opportunities. Life has this interesting way of slapping us up along side the head to remind us that we are only in charge of things we can control. Life has just shown me that the influence we have over others has a random way of manifesting.

David, all who shared those events together are interested in and affected by what you are going through. Our personal lives are deeply changed as a result of just the news that you are not immortal.

Love to you.

If you have read this far, you must know the cab fare for the trip is paid. You must also know that it is too soon too late, so just do it!
CABBY

No comments: