Saturday, November 1, 2008

"....10 little indian boys"

Yes, I want you to sing the lyrics to that childhood song while reading this.

I will start it for you: "1 Little, 2 little, 3 little indians.."

I have taken it upon myself to bludgeon ten of you with an e mail notice of my posting on this blog. I've finally figured out what 'blog' is the acronym for. ((I know, sentences ought not end in prepositions.)) B = Barely L = Literate O = Old G = Guy. Another just crossed the brain cells: B =Boring L = Lazy O = Outspoken G = Gramps. (I think I know why it isn't used in uppercase.)

I have ten friends / relatives that I have selected as targets for the Indian arrows I am writing. I am just learning to shoot this thing so they are safe for now, from any harm when they see the arrow go past.

I have been reading about the immigration of the non-dinay into the Navaho country, and find that I have had a lot to say for a long time, and just didn't trust that I had it right.
After reading some from the Navaho and some from the immigrants, I am convinced that I might be safe to trust what I consider as worth sharing, at least in part.

That has been the doubt. What is worth expressing? I have no doubt that lots of it is not.

So, if you are on the involuntary cab ride, you can advise me and I will remove you from the pain of watching the arrows bounce, fly or slide past if you would prefer to not be bothered.
For those who are not on the list, let me know, and I will affix the arrow to target you also, if you want to be bothered.

"....Ten little indian boys."

I once had 7 Alaskan Natives in my cab. They were all school children. One was white as she is caucasian (my daughter), and I am not too certain about a few of the others. You see, they were the attendees to my daughters birthday party. She wanted to go skating.

Now the interesting thing is when she gets married next Spring, she wants to go skating.
Some things never change.
Like the prejudice we all deny that is in our daily lives.
This Indian song was meant innocently, however today it is not seen that way. Call that change, or call it shoving the issue under the rug?

Fare is paid. Afterall, it was a birthday party.
CABBY

No comments: