Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Birthday

Birthday

A day to remember my mom and dad.
A day to attempt to remember clearly any other single birthday. Seems harder this year to remember anything actually.
A day to consider that I am an exception - to have lived this long. (From a book called "Outliers." by Malcolm Gladwell.)
A day to remember that I am a "Black Swan" a book by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
and
To enjoy a funny email bd greeting, a song sung on the telephone, cards and a DVD CD of Robert Prechter at the London School of Economics.

and

What would happen if Face Book didn't have birthday reminders?
Would nearly no one send greetings? I just love being the center of attention for a few hours a year. I am at least my center of attention - outrageously!

(Oh by the way; did anyone observe the close visual proximity of Mars and Venus in the NE sky on the 21st? We were overcast at night from the 20th through the 22nd, so i missed it.)

I once celebrated the summer solstice by taking the cab to the Russian River, parking in the parking lot and hiking up the trail to Russian Lake and fishing and camping overnight near the USFS shelter East of the foot of the lake. Spectacular. (and rainy if I recall correctly)
I got back to the cab, to find a note asking me to go to one of the camp sites and to drive someone to Anchorage when I returned to Anchorage if I came back before one of the days of the weekend.
I do not recall taking anyone, so that was what we called a DUD in cab lingo.
Who could imagine getting a DUD out in the edge of the Alaskan wilds about 107 miles from town?

Oh well, life in the 49th state in the '70's.

Have a great day, you can count on me having a great day.
In fact this day, just like every one that follows will be the best day ever. Think about it!
CABBY

No comments: