Thursday, June 12, 2008

Game Time

He gets in the cab.
"Park strip at L Street please, and hurry."

"Whats your hurry to go to the park?" I ask.

"I have a rugby game and my car wouldn't start, so I'm nearly late for my game time."

We race toward the park. I do not recall the rest of the ride, although the expression: "and hurry" is all too familiar to every cab driver.

Today, 'game time' means the length of time one spends playing the game of choice on their computer.

How does 'and hurry' relate?

We have all either been late or nearly late and had to hurry as a result of the thought 'just one more game.' Right?

So, having had surgery on the right side of my body, (I am right handed), I have found a special benefit of surgery that has little to do with a quick, clean, complete recovery.

The game time has been reduced by a percentage that would amaze anyone.
I decided that I would learn to drive my mouse with my left hand.

HAH! Sounds easy. Isn't.

So today, 8 weeks post surgery, I play about 1/10th as much Spider Solitaire, and or Mahjong, or the free Yahoo game offered.

Well now, do you think that changes my life?

It does. It has meant more reading, less eye strain, earlier bedtimes, getting more rest, and more conversations, cleaner garage area, and I am actually getting better at lots of left handed things.

Try it, you also may get part of your life back.

Rugby was a very small sport in Anchorage in the '70's. I wonder about the size in the 21st Century?

I am not sure why this came up, however I believe there are no mistakes. Maybe one of you will enlighten me about a reason.

If you've read this far, the fare is paid.
CABBY

No comments: